Losing one or more naturally healthy teeth is a primary concern of over two-thirds of US adults! In addition, some part of the older population has already lost all their teeth. And tooth replacement is one of the best solutions for it.
No matter a single tooth or multiple, missing teeth can significantly impact your natural look, confidence, and eating habits. It can make everyday tasks like speaking and chewing more difficult.
This is where replacement tooth came in as an utmost priority and a savior to your affected smile! Continue reading as we explore how the West Columbia family dental offers the best tooth replacement options to restore your beautiful smile by fixing the missing teeth.
Best Tooth Replacement Options For Missing Teeth
Once you decide to opt for it, there are multiple options for replacement teeth. But not every choice you’ll come across will be healthy or feasible. Therefore, to help you out, we’ve curated a list of the best replacement options for your missing teeth.
A dental implant is probably your ideal option when replacing missing teeth. It is a stand-alone and does not mess with your teeth on either side. A dental implant is a titanium screw that incorporates into the bone and acts as the tooth’s root.
Experts at Carolina restorative dentistry suggest dental implants as the best option for replacing any missing teeth, primarily due to their permanent solution to your problem. In addition, these dental implants don’t take a lot of time to do and have a healing period of around three months.
Some Primary Benefits Of Dental Implants:
- They match your natural teeth so that nobody can differentiate between an implant and healthy natural teeth.
- They restore your bite force so that you can use the same pressure as you would use with your natural teeth.
- They are easy maintenance. You don’t have to buy equipment to take care of your fixed teeth.
As the name suggests, a fixed bridge bridges the gap between one or more missing teeth to restore your natural look. It involves multiple trips to a dentist and is generally done in two weeks. It is a lot faster than an implant.
However, to do a bridge, it is necessary to prepare the existing teeth, even if they are healthy, to cement a bridge over them. The only disadvantage of this method is that if any of the teeth in the bridge is decayed, the entire bridge will need to be replaced to maintain oral hygiene.
Primary Benefits Of Implant Bridge:
- Their functioning is similar to that of natural teeth.
- It is an inexpensive and fast tooth restoration procedure.
- They are easy to maintain, just as you brush and floss your natural teeth.
Partial dentures are an effective way to replace missing teeth as they can be used in the upper or lower part of the mouth to replace missing or broken teeth.
These dentures are made on a mold of your mouth with pink acrylic or nylon, which resembles your gums. However, it should be noted that these partial dentures are not only for cosmetics or for other teeth. They are also beneficial for holding your remaining teeth in place.
Some Primary Benefits of Partial dentures:
- They cost less compared to implants and fixed bridges.
- Relatively quicker dental procedure to replace missing teeth.
- Partial dentures can help you perform basic actions like speaking and chewing.
Another cost-effective teeth replacement option on our list is the flipper! They’re temporary partial dentures that can move in and out of their position, providing you with the convenience of replacing your missing teeth at will.
One of the primary advantages of opting for the flipper is that they’re not dependent on any surrounding teeth or don’t need metal clasps to function effectively. This way, they save users from multiple trips to the dentists.
Some Primary Benefits of Flipper:
- It is relatively easy and more affordable to replace a missing tooth.
- Compared to a partial denture, a flipper is a much lighter option.
- It provides a more temporary solution to cushion the damage and buys you the time to look for a more permanent option.
Trust The Experts!
There are numerous replacement options for missing teeth. Therefore, when you’re at it, ensure that you spend your time researching for the best possible options and select wisely. All the best!