As a kid, some may have dreamed of genies that they can summon to grant their wishes in a snap. People with dental troubles also wish to have some form of instant treatments that can provide an immediate solution for their woes. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry is now readily available for everyone who is in need of a procedure that can enhance their looks. Aside from the usual options like teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, and fillings, there is now a new option for patients – Snap-On Smile.
For patients who are unfamiliar with the procedure, we at Carolina Smiles Family Dentistry prepared some of the common questions asked about Snap-On smile with its corresponding answers.
What is a Snap-On Smile?
It is a type of affordable cosmetic dental treatment that utilizes a thin yet durable and stain resistant resin that is molded based on the impressions taken from a specific patient. It is an alternative to veneers that is worn over the teeth but can be easily removed when needed. Instead of covering each tooth, Snap-On smile resembles the shape of a tray that closely resembles the look of the natural teeth.
Who are good candidates for the procedure?
- In need of teeth alterations but do not like the idea of shots and drills.
- Needs a fast way to get a beautiful looking smile.
- Those who still have some teeth intact on their jaws, at least four for each arch (upper or lower jaws).
- Gums without any signs of advanced periodontitis (gum disease).
- Teeth imperfections like discoloration, chips, cracks, and excessive gaps.
- Cannot undergo multiple dental procedures due to certain factors like old age.
- Patients who want to see a preview on how their smiles would look like after a particular dental procedure.
Is getting the appliance painful?
Patients are assured that the procedure in getting Snap-On smiles is noninvasive. They can expect that there is no teeth preparation involved. There is also no need for any types of anesthetic for any structures remain in place. The appliance only goes over the teeth without touching the gums and other oral structures.
Quick Facts about Snap-On smiles
- The procedure can be completed in two visits.
- Eating and drinking are possible with the appliance on.
- Materials used are natural-looking.
- No need for any adhesives to keep it intact.
- The appearance of one’s smile can be greatly improved.
Aim for a better and brighter smile with Snap-On Smile in West Columbia, SC, Book your appointment with us at Carolina Smiles Family Dentistry. We are located at 3244 Sunset Blvd. West Columbia, SC 29169.